Correcting Payer Name or TIN on an Accepted 1099 or W-2

You submitted your Form 1009 or W-2 and it was accepted by the IRS, but now you realize you have incorrect information on that form.  What do you do?  If you filed Form 1099 or W-2 through ExpressTaxFilings and the return was accepted by the IRS, you can make corrections of that form by going to ‘Submitted Forms’ on the dashboard, choose the correct form and click ‘Make Corrections.’  This video walks you through correcting the Payer Name and/or Tax Identification Number.

For any questions about making corrections to Form 1099 or W-2, contact the Express Tax Support Center in Rock Hill, SC at 803-514-5155 between the hours of 8am – 6pm EST, Monday through Friday or email

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *