Don’t forget second quarter filing deadline for Form 941! July 31st is the deadline for filing IRS Form 941, the Employer’s Quarterly Tax Return, reporting wages and tax withholdings. In our previous blog posts, we looked at what the Form 941 is, how to calculate the numbers required, and how to file with ExpresstaxFilings. Here we will focus on how to complete your Schedule B addendum.
What is the Form 941 Schedule B?
If you are a semiweekly depositor, you will need to file Schedule B with Form 941. Addendum Schedule B provides additional information to the IRS regarding the deposit schedule of the employer’s tax liabilities.
Schedule B must be filed by employers reporting more than $50,000 in employment taxes during the previous period. Or if they have accumulated $100,000 or more in tax liability in the current or past calendar year.
Where Can I File Schedule B?
When e-filing with ExpressTaxFilings addendum Schedule B will be included in your filing process and will be transmitted to the IRS. No need to search for additional forms. However, if you choose to paper file, you will need to obtain a printed copy of Schedule B separately from Form 941.
How to File Form 941 Schedule B?
Step 1: Employer Data:
- Create or Sign into your ExpressTaxFilings Account
- Select “Create New 941 Form”
- Enter your EIN (Employer Identification Number)
Step 2: Choose your Tax Year and Quarter
- Select 2017 and Second Quarter (April through June)
Step 3: Information Process
- Enter Financial Data by following interview-style process
How to Complete Schedule B Addendum:
- In the calendar below you will insert your daily tax liability for the quarter corresponding the date employees were paid. Please do not enter your deposit.
Step 4: E-Sign Your Form 941:
- Enter your 10-digit Online Signature PIN from the IRS
- Or Complete Form 8453-EMP to sign Form 941
- (Apply Here for your Form 94x PIN for Free at ExpressTaxFilings)
Step 5: Review, Pay, and Transmit
- Review your completed Form 941 and Schedule B
- Pay directly to the IRS any taxes owed
- Transmit and send form to the IRS
Avoid IRS penalties and file today with ExpressTaxFilings. We are an IRS-Authorized integrated solution for generating and transmitting your IRS Forms. If you have any questions about e-filing with ExpressTaxFilings, we’re available by phone, live chat, and email to help! Our US-based customer support team will be happy to answer any questions that may come up in your e-filing.