How to Correct Information on an Accepted W-2

You submitted your Form W-2 and it was accepted by the IRS, but now you realize you have incorrect information on that form.  What do you do?  If you filed Form W-2 through ExpressTaxFilings and the return was accepted by the IRS, you can make corrections of that form by going to ‘Submitted Forms’ on the dashboard, choose the correct form and click ‘Make Corrections’ under Options.  You will then select the Payer and the form that needs to be corrected.  This will open a Form W-2 C, where you will be able to update the correct information.

This video walks you through the entire process from beginning to retransmitting the corrected W-2 to the IRS. For any questions about making corrections to Form W-2, contact the Express Tax Support Center in Rock Hill, SC at 803-514-5155 between the hours of 8am – 6pm EST, Monday through Friday or email

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *