It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The spirit of Christmas is making its way into our lives day by day. From decorating our Christmas tree to singing Christmas carols, attending holiday parties or even participating in Christmas parades, the Holidays bring a newness of joy that we embrace each year.
While you’re making your Christmas wish list, there’s another list that you may need to tend to also as a small business owner. Whether you see a tax professional or prepare your own taxes using TaxBandits, the ultimate e-filing solution for small businesses, nonprofit organizations and tax professionals, there is specific information that you will need in order to file correctly for your business.
We believe that when you succeed, we succeed; so here’s an early Christmas gift from the TaxBandits team just for you.
Small Business Tax Filing Checklist
GIF via GIPHY
A gift that keeps on giving and can be used for years to come. Here’s some detailed information that you will need when filing taxes for your business:
- Sales Records
- Gross Receipts (sales & services)
- Form 1099-INT (Business checking/savings account interest)
- Returns, Allowances & Other Income
- Square footage of home and Square footage of office space
- Hours of Use (for Home Daycare only)
- Mortgage interest or rent paid
- Homeowner’s or Renter’s Insurance
- Cost of home, separate improvements and first date of business use.
- Computer and Internet Expenses
- Business Phones (landline, fax, etc.)
- Marketing & Advertising Costs
- Transportation & Travel Expenses (airfare, mileage, hotel, meals, tips, internet connection costs at hotels, etc.)
- Commissions Payments to Subcontractors (Form 1099-MISC)
- Business Insurance
- Professional fees
- Lawyers, Consultants, etc.
- Office Supplies
- Rent Expenses
- Office space, business-use vehicle lease, etc.
|WAGES PAID TO EMPLOYEES
- Form W-2 and Form W-3
- Federal & State Payroll Returns
- Form 941, Form 940, etc.
- Employee Benefit Expenses
- Form 1099-MISC & Form 1096
- Estimated Tax Payments
- Repairs, Office Maintenance, etc.
- Business Related Expenses
- Insurance Premiums Paid
- Paid to cover the Sole-Proprietor & Family
- On behalf of partners & S-corporation shareholders
- Information on Spouse’s employer provider insurance
TaxBands Is Here To Assist You
Avoid the hassle of taking hours to complete your tax forms by hand and eliminate the burden of paying an expensive accountant to complete them for you. Simply use TaxBandits, the market leading tax filing solution to quickly e-file your forms and transmit them directly to the IRS.
We provide step-by-step instructions that guide you through the e-filing process and have a multitude of features to make the entire process incredibly convenient. For example, our bulk upload feature will allow you to upload all of your employee’s information at once. Plus, you can use our postal mailing feature to have us mail hard copies of your returns to each of your recipients.
Best of all, our outstanding, US-based support team is here to help. If you need any assistance give us a call Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 704.684.4751. We also offer live chat and 24/7 email support at support@TaxBandits.com.