Today is the Deadline to File Business (1120, 1041) and Personal (1040) Tax Returns. Request an Extension Now!

Request an extension with our sister product at ExpressExtension for up to 6 additional months of filing time.

It’s the time of year again—Tax Day (April 15)! If you still need to file your Personal Tax Form 1040 or Business Tax Forms 1120, 1041, and others, don’t panic.

Instead of rushing to file, it’s better to request an extension. This will give you more time to prepare your returns and avoid late filing penalties. 

Here’s everything you need to know about requesting personal and business tax extensions. 

Personal Tax Return Extension – Form 4868

Filling out and submitting Form 4868 is straightforward, provided you have all the necessary information. You don’t need to gather too much information to file Form 4868 successfully; basic tax information is enough. You’ll require the details, such as your name, Social Security Number (SSN), and Address. If you’re filing a joint return, you’ll also need this information from your spouse. 

In addition to this, you must also provide information regarding your taxes due (if any). 

You must complete and submit your request for an extension to the IRS on or before tonight, which is the original deadline for your form. This will give you an additional six months to file your return, moving your new deadline to October 15, 2024.

Business Tax Return Extension – Form 7004

If you are required to file Form 1120 or 1041 or any other business tax return today, you can file Form 7004 to extend your deadline.

Form 7004 provides an automatic extension of up to 6 months for filing your business income tax returns, extending the deadline until October 15, 2024

Just like 4868, filing Form 7004 is also a simple process. The following information is required to complete Form 7004,

  • Your business type (C corporation, estate, trust, etc.)
  • Basic Business Details such as Name, EIN, and Address
  • Tax year followed by your business
  • The tax form for which an extension is being requested.
  • Your estimated tax payment.

Get Started with ExpressExtension to E-file Forms 7004 and 4868!

Just a few hours left! But, no worries, if you need to file an IRS Tax extension, our sister product, ExpressExtension, offers an easy solution that can be completed in just a few minutes. 

With ExpressExtension, you’ll receive instant updates on the status of your extension form. 

Additionally, we offer an Express Guarantee, which means that if the IRS rejects your 7004 or 4868 as a duplicate return, you’ll receive an automatic refund for your filing fee. 

Get started today with ExpressExtension to complete and e-file your tax extension today! You can even sign up using your TaxBandits credentials!

tax year 2023 e-filing

 556 total views,  1 views today

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *