If you’re like me, at some point in life you thought taxes were only filed one time during the year (April 15). However, that’s not the case for many nonprofit organizations.
For example, exempt organizations must file their Form 990 series tax return by the 15th day of the 5th month after the close of its tax year. More specifically, organizations that have a fiscal year which ended on June 30, 2017 have an upcoming filing deadline on November 15.
Click here for Fiscal Tax Year filing dates.
These organizations can easily and securely e-file their Form 990 series tax return at ExpressTaxFilings.com.
Failure to file an annual information return for three consecutive years can result in major penalties such as an automatic loss of tax-exempt status and expensive late filing fees.
Note: Churches and certain church-related organizations are not required to file annually.
Filing requirements for exempt organizations are as follows:
- Exempt Organizations with annual gross receipts less than $200,000 & total assets of less than $500,000 file Form 990-EZ.
- Exempt organizations with annual gross receipts of $200,000 or more and total assets of $500,000 or more file Form 990.
- Organizations that are classified as private foundations file Form 990-PF.
- Section 527 (political) organizations that are required to file annually should file either Form 990 or Form 990-EZ.
- Small exempt organizations that have annual receipts of $50,000 or less are required to e-file Form 990-N (e-Postcard).
Filing these forms can be a “piece of cake” with ExpressTaxFilings. We support all Form 990 Series tax forms and provide a simplistic e-filing process. If you have a return due on the November 15 deadline, be sure to visit our site today and check us out. Need extra time to file your 990 return? We even provide Form 8868
which gives you an extra 6 months to file.
We’re Here To Help
ExpressTaxFilings now supports various tax series, including Form 94x Series, Form 990 Series, Form 1099 Series, W-2 & ACA Forms, as well as tax extensions to meet every tax filing need that you may have. Let us help you, because your success is our success!
If you need any assistance during any step of the e-filing process feel free to reach out to our dedicated, US-based ExpressTaxFilings support team. We’re available Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 704.684.4751, with extended hours during deadline days. We also offer live chat and 24/7 email support at support@ExpressTaxFilings.com.