Guys, guys, guys!
The 2017 first quarter deadline for Form 941 is almost here!
Monday, May 1, is the last day to have your 941 Form filed to report your wages paid and Medicare and social security taxes withheld and owed for the first quarter of the tax year 2017. And at this point, so close to the deadline, your best bet is to e-file that baby.
Of course, as an IRS-authorized e-filing software company, we’re a little biased. But it’s really only because we’ve worked so hard to make IRS form e-filing as fast, easy, and cost-effective as possible. In fact, when you e-file Form 941 with ExpressTaxFilings, you can get everything done in just a few minutes – and all it takes is 5 easy steps!
- 1. Enter Employer Data
- -Once you’ve logged into your account and selected Form 941 from the “Create New Form” section, you’ll be prompted to enter your employer data.
- -You can either enter in all new data or choose from an employer in your address book.
- 2. Choose Your Tax Year and Quarter
- -Choose either the current tax year or the previous one (right now, that’s 2017 or 2016).
- -Choose either the most recent quarter or any of the previous quarters in the current or previous tax year.
- 3. Enter Financial Data
- -Next, you’ll fill in all the information needed on your 941 Form to accurately report your wage and tax data for the first quarter.
- -We’ve simplified and streamlined this section so there’s no confusion for you; just answer the interview-style questions and we’ll fill in your form!
- 4. E-Sign Your Form 941
- -Enter or apply for your 10-digit Online Signature PIN assigned to you by the IRS to e-sign 94x Forms.
- -OR complete Form 8453-EMP to e-sign your 941 Form.
- 5. Review, Pay, and Transmit
- -Review your completed Form 941, then select whether you’d like to go ahead and pay any taxes owed by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or not when you transmit.
- -Pay our one-time e-filing fee ($4.95 for the quarter, but you’ll get a 10% discount if you buy all four quarters at once).
- -Hit the big, green Transmit button and send that form on to the IRS!
So what are you waiting for? Get going and e-file then take the rest of the weekend off. You’ve earned it.
If you have any questions about e-filing your Form 941, don’t hesitate to contact us! We’re available by phone (704-684-4751), live chat, and email at support@ExpressTaxFilings.com!