Being a business owner and entrepreneur comes with a workload that is much longer than a standard nine-to-five job.
If you know that you will not have enough time to file your personal taxes by Tuesday, April 17th, quickly apply for IRS Income Tax Extension Form 4868 to receive an extra 6 months to file so you can remove “File Taxes” from your current to-do list.
What is IRS Extension Form 4868?
IRS Extension Form 4868 is used by individual or joint taxpayers to receive an automatic tax extension of up to 6 months to file their personal income tax return.
Due on April 17th, Form 4868 is used by most filers to extend the time for filing the following forms:
Form 1040, Form 1040A, Form 1040-EZ, Form 1040NR, Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040-PR or 1040-SS.
Will Form 4868 Extend My Tax Payment Deadline?
Unfortunately, Form 4868 does not extend the time allotted for making tax payments. If you owe taxes, you must make a payment by your original filing date (April 17th) to avoid expensive tax penalties and interest.
How To File A Personal Income Tax Extension with TaxBandits
Filing a personal tax extension with TaxBandits for additional time to file your annual income tax return can be done in six simple steps:
- Create or log in to your free account.
- Select the tax extension type you would like to apply for (individual or joint filing).
- Enter the Primary Taxpayer Information such as the Name, SSN, and address.
- If you don’t owe any taxes simply proceed to the next step. Otherwise, provide the following information:
- Total tax liability amount
- Total payments you have made throughout the year
- Balance due to the IRS
- Amount you will pay to the IRS
- Review your Form Summary & check for any errors.
- Pay for your form and transmit it to the IRS.
Take a few minutes and head on over to TaxBandits and get more time to file your federal income tax return with Form 4868.
After you file with us, you will have until October 15th, 2018 to file and transmit.
840 total views, 3 views today