Employers-Should You Issue Form 1099 or W-2?

As the January 31st deadline for issuing Forms 1099 and W-2s approaches, employers are sometimes confused about which form they should issue.  The simple answer is if you have employees and have withheld taxes, you would issue a W-2.  For independent contractors who were paid $600 or more and no taxes withheld, you would issue a Form 1099.

ExpressTaxFilings is an authorized IRS E-File provider and while we do not give tax advice, we do want to make our customers aware of common questions that arise during tax season.  Please contact a tax professional for tax advice and questions pertaining to tax laws with regards to the difference between Forms 1099 and W-2s.

For any questions about E-Filing Form 1099 or W-2, contact the Express Tax Support Center in Rock Hill, SC at 803-514-5155 between the hours of 8am – 6pm EST, Monday through Friday or email support@ExpressTaxFilings.com.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *