Our recent blog “Prepare, E-file, and Print Form 941 with TaxBandits” shed light on the Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return and its accessibility through TaxBandits.
We’re going to dig a little deeper into the “Form 941 World” and gain some insight on Form 941 (Schedule R), which accompanies Form 941.
Overview of Form 941 (Schedule R)
Form 941 (Schedule R) is the allocation schedule for aggregate Form 941 filers and is required to be filed by CPEO’s (Certified Professional Employer Organization) and Section 3504 reporting agents.
Schedule R simplifies the aggregate reporting process by allocating aggregate wages reported on Form 941 to each of their clients.
Similar to Form 941, Schedule R is filed simultaneously with Form 941 each quarter on the following due dates:
- First Quarter (January – March) | Deadline: April 30
- Second Quarter (April – June) | Deadline: July 31
- Third Quarter (July – September) | Deadline: October 31
- Fourth Quarter (October – December) | Deadline: January 31
Information Required to File Form 941 (Schedule R)
Filing Form 941 (Schedule R) with TaxBandits only requires two types of information:
- Employer Details of the CPEO / Section 3504 Agent
- Name, EIN, and Address
- Employment Details of the Aggregate Filer and Their Clients
- Total Number of Employees
- Total Medicare & Social Security Tax Withheld
- Total Deposit Made to the IRS
- Total Tax Liability (Monthly/Semi-weekly)
- Signing Authority Information, Online Signature PIN or Form 8453-EMP
Steps to E-file Form 941 (Schedule R)
By following these steps to instantly complete Schedule R (Form 941), you can save time and get back to meeting the various needs of your clients. Here’s how you file Schedule R once you’ve logged in or created your free TaxBandits account:
- Select “Aggregate 941 (Schedule R)” in the dashboard.
- Enter your business information such as the Name,Type, EIN, and Address.
- Select the tax year and quarter that you are filing for.
- Select either the CPEO or Reporting Agent option to proceed.
- Enter your businesses’ wages, tax withholdings, and deposit details.
- Add each client’s wages and tax withholdings, and deposit details.
- Follow the interview style e-filing process to complete your return.
- Review your form summary, pay for your form, and transmit it directly to the IRS.
We’re Here To Help
If you need any assistance during your filing process or have questions regarding Form 941 (Schedule R), feel free to contact our dedicated, US-based support team that’s standing by and ready to assist you every step of the way.
Give us a call Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM EST at 704.684.4751. We also offer live chat and 24/7 email support at support@TaxBandits.com.