casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.
The key to the success of a small business is building a strong team. Due to most small business staff working closely together, gossip in the workplace can be a major threat to a productive work environment and lead to tension between employees.
We know you’re busy running your business, so we’ve gathered a few quick tips on how to quickly handle gossip in the workplace.
How To Quickly Handle Gossip in the Workplace
Before we dive into handling gossip in the workplace, it is important to understand that gossip doesn’t create itself–it must be started one of your staff members. Keeping a handle on office gossip begins with addressing the initiator directly in one of the following ways:
1) Request to meet with the employee initiating the gossip
2) Remain professional and calm when handling the situation
3) Discuss with the employee why their behavior is considered inappropriate
4) Explain the impact that gossip has in the workplace and your expectation that it should not continue
5) Have consequences determined if the behavior continues and make all of your employees aware of these consequences to prevent further gossip.
Maintain a Positive Work Environment & Stay Tax Compliant
Now that you know how to quickly handle gossip in the workplace, be sure to maintain tax compliance for your small business by meeting the upcoming ACA reporting deadlines 2019 on March 4th, 2019.
ACA Form 1095-B is an annual statement to the IRS by insurance providers, self-insured employers, and employers with fewer than 50 full-time employees. You can easily file ACA Forms for your business with the help of TaxBandits.
Create or log in to your TaxBandits account today to starting filing your ACA Forms!