The February 2nd deadline to have 1099s to recipients is almost here! You can create your 1099s, transmit them to the IRS, and have them automatically postal-mailed to recipients all in one convenient program – ExpressTaxFilings.com.
Before I get into the – How It All Works – portion of the blog, I thought I would go over some important information about Form 1099.
– When e-filing with ExpresTaxFilings, it will only take 4-6 business days for the IRS to process Form 1099
– If you are filing 250 or more returns, you are required by the IRS to e-file.
– The IRS requires you to keep copies of 1099s for 4 years, starting from the due date of the return
How It All Works
1. You want to create your ExpressTaxFilings profile. There are no strings attached or fees associated with creating a profile.
2. You want to have all the information you need to file at your fingertips. You don’t have to do this “prep” step, but it saves you from having to stop and look for what you need while you are filing. If you have all your information in an Excel doc, you can use our Bulk Upload feature to easily input all the information at once and not have to type it all in again. The Bulk Upload feature is a favorite among ExpressTaxFilings’ clients.
3. Choose the Form 1099 you need to file. ExpressTaxFilings provides Form 1099 MISC, INT, DIV, and the 1099 Correction Form (mistakes happen every now and then).
4. You simply enter in the needed information. There is help text included if you are unsure of anything, or you could always give the ExpressTaxFilings Customer Support Pros a call. You can contact us at our Rock Hill, SC Headquarters via phone: 704-839-2270 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Choose how you want to send the forms to your recipients. We provide an automatic postal mail option where we will get it right out to your recipients as soon as the form is ready to go. You also have the option to print the forms yourself as soon as you transmit them to the IRS.
6. Here is where you pay and transmit. This is the last step where you will view a summary of the forms you created and you can double check the information. Then, you will enter your payment information and hit the Transmit button, and it’s off to the IRS.
The entire e-filing process is really easy and you will wonder where it has been all your life if you are used to paper filing. It also only takes a few minutes to file and you can be over and done with way before the deadline. For more information on the filing process, visit our YouTube Channel for visual demonstrations of how to e-file each 1099 form.